As a member of a Catholic and Augustinian University, each Villanovan is responsible for creating a community, where mutual love and respect for individual differences guide our community life. Therefore, I pledge:
- I will create a welcoming, safe, and supportive community where the dignity of each person is valued, respected, and celebrated. I will confront and reject all manifestations of discrimination, including those based on perceived race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, status within or outside the university.
- I am committed to an educational environment where teaching and learning are at the center of who I am and what I do inside and outside of the classroom. I will listen for understanding, share ideas, raise questions, and express differences of opinion in a respectful manner and without fear of reprisal, insult, or denigration.
- I will embrace selfless action in the interest of the common good with integrity, compassion and humility guiding my decisions and behavior.
- I will not remain silent when someone is disrespectful. I will carefully interrupt when and where appropriate to speak out when disrespectful behavior is displayed.
- I acknowledge that respect, justice, and love define us as a community and are the standards by which I measure the success of my interactions. I will be attentive to uphold the dignity of others in all my communications, whether verbal, written or digital.
- I will build Community through active participation in campus life and service to others and through the way in which I live with others in residence halls and apartments.
- I acknowledge that Villanova University’s Catholic and Augustinian identity calls me to integrate these ideals into my daily life. Each of us has an obligation to the community of which we have chosen to be a part, so I will strive to build a true community of spirit and purpose based on mutual respect and caring.
Outreach & Development
Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Tolentine Hall, Room 202
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ODEI) addresses issues of justice equity, diversity and inclusion within the Villanova community. ODEI works with appropriate offices across the University to monitor policies, practices and processes to accomplish this goal. Additionally, ODEI offers a variety of workshops, discussions and lectures for faculty, staff or students that encourage self-reflection, understanding and individual growth.
Office of Intercultural Affairs
Dougherty Hall, Room 214
Maintaining these community ideals is the responsibility of every member of the University community. Through their behavior, students, staff, and faculty should reinforce the ideals expressed in this document and should encourage all members of the community to do likewise. In support of this, the Office for Intercultural Affairs assists the community in providing an inclusive educational experience grounded in Augustinian principles. The Center’s task is to promote a respectful environment, intercultural awareness, and community outreach.
Office for Mission & Ministry
Corr Hall and St. Rita Hall
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org https://www1.villanova.edu/villanova/mission.html
SafeZone and LGBTQIA+ Resources
VU Pride and OASIS are LGBTQIA+ ally groups on campus where all are welcome. OASIS is a confidential group for the LBGTQ+ student community.
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Zone is a visible presence on campus supporting the LGBTQIA+ community that provides education and training related to LGBTQIA+ topics and issues. Safe Zone trained community members display a Safe Zone logo on their door or backpack showing their support of the LGBTQ community. Faculty, staff, and students across the university are among our Safe Zone members. Additionally, resident assistants, members of VU Pride and Health Promotion's POWER peer educators are known as allies and are Safe Zone-trained.
University Counseling Center
Patricia B. and Gary M. Holloway University Counseling Center
Health Services Building
With a variety of services and resources, the Counseling Center helps students function optimally regarding emotional, academic, social, and psychological issues.
Reporting, Accountability and Resolution
When the pledge is not upheld/met, each person in the community is affected and the value of every member is diminished. In situations where adherence to these ideals set forth is in question, the following resources are available and are responsible for resolution of concern and complaints.
789 Lancaster Avenue, Suite #260
Villanova, PA 19085
The Affirmative Action Office coordinates the University-wide affirmative action and equal employment opportunity efforts for all administration, faculty, and staff. The Associate Vice President of Human Resources monitors compliance with applicable laws and University policies and practices, works with hiring departments to develop creative recruitment strategies, and provides information and technical assistance to departments in fulfilling their affirmative action responsibilities.
Additional responsibilities of this office include diversity training and workshops, sexual harassment training and preparation of the University's comprehensive Affirmative Action Plan.
Department of Public Safety & Resolution
Garey Hall, intersection of Spring Mill Road and County Line Road
Emergency Number: 610-519-4444
Non-Emergency Number: 610-519-5800
During a phone outage: 610-527-3293
Off-Campus Emergency: 911
The Public Safety Department provides a variety of services to the University community. These include proactive and preventative patrol, investigations, parking enforcement, residence hall protection, building/facility security, fire safety/prevention, crime prevention programs, crime prevention surveys and special event security.
Report Climate Concern
Title IX Office
Tolentine Hall, Room 204
Any student, employee or applicant for employment or admission to the University who believes that they have been discriminated against based on sex, in violation of Title IX, or has been a victim of sexual misconduct under the University’s Sexual Misconduct Policy, may file a complaint with the Title IX Coordinator or a Deputy Title IX Coordinator:
Ryan Rost, Title IX Coordinator
See also Title IX Notice at: https://www1.villanova.edu/villanova/studentlife/health/promotion/sexualassault/resources.html
Villanova University Internal Student Complaint Reporting Process
Villanova University strives to provide an environment in which student concerns are heard, discussed, and resolved in a manner that fosters respect and growth for all individuals involved. The University offers students multiple avenues, both informal and formal, for raising concerns or complaints, depending upon the nature of the concern or complaint.
Violations of the Code of Student Conduct
Dean of Students Office
Dougherty Hall, Room 213
The Dean of Students Office is committed to supporting and assisting students in their overall development and as members of the greater Villanova community.