Skip to main content
Obligation for Implementation of the Code
- Students who fail to appear for a scheduled disciplinary meeting without prior permission from the Conduct Review Officer may be found responsible for violating the alleged provision of the Code of Student Conduct. Students who fail to appear may be subject to a more severe sanction than that which would have been imposed for the alleged violation.
- Failure to comply with an official request by a University Official is by itself subject to disciplinary action including a hold on records.
- Failure to carry out the conditions of a disciplinary sanction will be considered a violation of the Code of Student Conduct and may result in a more severe sanction than the one already imposed.
- Failure to pay disciplinary fines will result in the withholding of University records or transcripts, and may result in further disciplinary action.
- Students suspected of violating the Code of Student Conduct are expected to cooperate fully with University officials in their efforts to obtain information, identification, and/or with the confiscation of prohibited items. Any lack of cooperation will be viewed as a serious violation of the Code.
- Students identified as potential witnesses to alleged violations of the Code of Student Conduct are expected to participate fully in the process. Students who fail to comply may be in violation of the provisions of this paragraph and sanctioned appropriately.
- Persons who participate in the conduct review process in any capacity (i.e., Complainant, Respondent, witness, etc.) should be free from harassment, intimidation, undue pressure or other unfair treatment before, during and after the process. Any conduct that can be reasonably viewed as an attempt to unduly influence the filing of a report, the filing of a complaint, or participation in the conduct review process will not be tolerated. Any adverse treatment of any person that can be reasonably viewed as directly related to their current or prior participation in the conduct review process will not be tolerated.